Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

 Well, I know you guys were expecting this to happen soon.  Now it's official: I HAVE GONE INSANE.    Mom and I  made our Thaksgiving turkeys.

 I had to have a two-sided turkey: a John Deere side and a regular side.
Mom was in book form:*my faith and the faith of those before me; *that my childern are wonderful people; *for my beautiful home that we can share; *for bike rides and walks with John  (Not sure who that guy is.)
Dad's J.D. side: *heritage; *immediate and extended family; * spouse; *lifes lessons.  Reg. side: *bike rides, *walks at park and beach; *garage sales, *antiquing and collecting.
 So some of my thoughts and stories as Thanksgiving is coming: I always remember as the days  approached that it was always good that most of the farmwork was done.  You would always hope that the snow held off so that you could feed with the truck and not have to take the time to hook up the horses 'cause we could be home sooner to enjoy all the great aromas of cooking and vists of family.
So it's  fun now to think I can just sit back and watch my strawberries grow.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I am in shock. Those Basua kids are definately rubbing off on you. haha

    ReplyDelete