Thursday, October 22, 2009

Unbelivable!

A couple of weeks ago we saw that the strawberries had become too thick to produce future berries. So I dug them all up.
This is what came out of that small area. Then I pulled out the old trusty John Deere and cultivated the area.

I replanted and spaced the plants all the way down that side fence.



This is the amount of leftover plants, plus I have taken 60 to 70 to I guy at work. In addition, Joey and Sujin took 20 or so, one neighbor took some and I have 50 pots around the place with new plants. I couldn't believe how many new plants that they have produced. ( Then to remember that this all started from TWO plants that we received in May of 2008!!!)


4 comments:

  1. That is a ton of strawberries. Just turn the backyard into a field then haave Jeff sale the flats on the side of the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan has got a good point!! Can't believe all that has happened in just over a year

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is crazy!!! I guess that's why Oxnard is the land of strawberrys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm..i think the family is on to something..you should start you're own business and sell your fruits and veggies at farmers markets..just an idea :)

    ReplyDelete