Thursday, June 3, 2010

Another one of my crazy ideas

So I had this idea to make my own fire pit that would work in a couple different ways on the back patio. Joe got me an old semi wheel; I got the rust off, then painted it and built the box to hold it. There are bricks in the box to keep the heat off the wood.


Works well to cook with the dutch oven. (We had one Sunday.)



Then I got some rods from Home Depot and a couple of limbs from the area behind Oxnard College and built these.




They work well with the pit for making Somores!!!





5 comments:

  1. I am so jealous Smores are so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum-yum! those smores were sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you could sell those roasting sticks!! They are great!! And the fire pit is very fitting

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's pretty nifty dad. I can't wait to come home and try it!

    ReplyDelete