Sunday, March 28, 2010

Well, it's finally happened.

So it seemed like every day I had off for the last month it would rain and I couln't start my garden. Then there was the weekend in Vegas that set it back another week. Finally last week and this week the weather has been great, so I pulled out the old John Deere plow. After a couple of runs with the plow and ox the ground was turned over in the back forty.

In the front too.



Then after several trips to the dumpster and a few passes with the Jonh Deere and disk the ground was ready to go. My new potaoes finally got planted Saturday evening.


Here are the onions growing so straiaght and tall after just one week. It feels good to be getting it in and fun to watch it grow. You gotta love it! Plus I have good equipment to make it happen.




2 comments:

  1. Nice to know those old tools can still be put to use. I am a little jealous. I cannot plant my garden for another month and a half.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that you have been dying to get in the garden and plant. I am glad you final got to. Now to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

    ReplyDelete